Keeping the draft beer system clean is crucial to ensure the best quality and taste of your beer.
Over time, residues such as yeast, bacteria, beer stone, and other impurities can accumulate in the system, affecting taste and potentially causing health risks. Regular cleaning and disinfection of the equipment is necessary to maintain the hygiene, freshness, and taste characteristics of the beer you produce.
After reading our article, you will learn how to clean your system and where you can buy the best beer line cleaning kit for these purposes.
How to Sanitize Beer Brewing Equipment?
To properly disinfect brewing equipment, do the following:
- Start by thoroughly cleaning the draft beer system with hot water and soft detergent to remove dirt, debris, and visible contamination.
- Rinse the equipment with clean water to remove residual detergent.
- Then prepare the alkaline solution by mixing the food disinfectant with water according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Immerse all equipment, including fermenters, airlocks, siphon tubes, and any other items that come into contact with the beer, into a disinfectant solution.
- The solution should recirculate in a line for at least 15 minutes at a rate of up to 2 gallons per minute.
- If recirculation is not possible, we recommend leaving the cleaning solution inside the system for at least 20 minutes. Follow all recommendations to the cleaner you have selected, and do not leave it inside the system for a time longer than specified in the instructions.
- After the recommended soaking time, remove the equipment from the solution and let it air dry or thoroughly dry it with sanitized paper towels.
Such alkaline cleaning should be carried out every 2 weeks: it helps to get rid of protein residues and films that can accumulate inside your beer system.
But this is not all: about once a quarter you need to do an acid cleaning aimed at removing mineral deposits, beer stone, and other inorganic compounds.
Do not forget about your own safety: During the cleansing you should use personal protective equipment such as glasses, gloves, and a respirator.
What to Use to Sanitize Your Brewing Equipment?
You have probably already asked yourself why you can not clean the equipment with a usual detergent, vinegar, or iodine.
All these solutions are not good enough in terms of purity and quality of purification.
This is why we recommend buying a beer line cleaning kit from Beverage Craft. This product is specially designed for effective cleaning of various brewing equipment: beer lines of different configurations, valves, canisters, pumps, etc.
Using such a beer line cleaning kit, you will be able to preserve the natural pleasant taste of your drinks, as well as provide the hygiene and quality necessary to protect the health of your customers.