Every house or apartment has a doorbell. With this simple device, guests can inform the owners of their visit so that they can open the door for them. There are both budget devices on the market with a primitive structure and principle of operation, as well as progressive developments that have a number of additional functions.
In order not to make a mistake with the choice, it is recommended to take into account several criteria and pay attention to proven models with a good reputation.
A video doorbell is now a common option, replacing simple electrical designs.
- You can install a video call in any place: on the gate, on the door of the apartment, or on the office door. The video call is equipped with a device that allows you to talk, so the owner does not need to leave the house and open the gate.
- It is convenient to use in an apartment, there is no need to drill a door and make a peephole, as the image of a person with whom you can talk is visible on the screen.
- Video calls are convenient for remote use. The kit includes a hidden camera capable of recording image and sound. Such a call model does not need to be connected to a household network, it is able to operate on batteries or batteries.
- An additional feature of the video call is the ability to remotely open the electric door lock. More expensive models have a video recording function, infrared diodes for night illumination and video recording, as well as an answering machine function.
- Ability to adjust the volume of ringtones and conversations.
- There are video call models that make it possible to talk with the owner who is not at home but in a completely different place. This function is provided by IP devices built into the bell body.
The set of video calls includes a communication channel, an autonomous power supply device, and a calling panel in a protective design that protects against vandals. The image can be displayed on a TV or computer.
In addition to the quality of workmanship and the number of functions of the company, manufacturers began to improve the external design of doorbells. Previously, the case was made in the form of an ordinary plastic box, which was hidden during installation so that no one would see it. Today, the doorbell body is part of the interior of the hallway, it can have a different shape and beautiful color.
The easiest way is to connect a wireless doorbell, as there is no need to run wires. The power supply of wireless call options is most often from batteries or accumulators.
The whole installation process is to fix the main unit and the button on the wall or other surfaces. The button can be glued with glue or double-sided tape, or fixed with self-tapping screws, depending on the type of surface.
The doorbell alarm unit can be fixed on the wall in the same way as a button, or you can simply install it on top of the cabinet. Some wireless bell kits include a battery-operated button and a main powered main unit. In this case, too, there are no big difficulties. In this case, the signal unit is simply plugged into the socket.
It is much more difficult to connect a wired electric bell to a 220 V power supply. In this case, the connection is made by analogy with a light switch. A phase is connected through the button, and zero goes directly to the main unit. The diagram shows the wiring.
Setting Entrance Bell
If you have recently received a new apartment in a new building and want to set up an entrance bell, then it is recommended to follow a certain order:
- Choose the best places for installing the main unit and buttons.
- De-energize the network by turning off the power input machines in the switchboard.
- Drill a hole in the wall to pull the wires connecting the button to the main unit. When doing this, be careful not to get on other wires in the wall.
- From the hole, strobes should be drawn to the place where the bell and button are connected. If you use cable channels for wires, then there is no need to make strobes in the walls.
- Fix the button and the main unit in the planned places on the walls.
- Remove the front cover of the main unit and buttons to access the terminals.
- Connect the neutral wire to the main unit.
- Connect the phase of the main unit with the button.
- Connect the phase from the button to the phase terminal of the switchboard.
- If there is a ground loop in the apartment, and in the bell of the corresponding terminal, it is necessary to ground the bell.
- Visually check the correct connection of the wires, comparing with the diagram, and close the covers of the signal unit and buttons.
- Apply power by turning on the machines in the switchboard.
- Check the operation of the call by pressing the button.
- Having the perfect doorbell can keep you at peace of mind. So, choose as per your requirement and make sure you won’t regret it.